Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hat Yai

It is late at night, and I'm sitting in a restaurant/pub in Hat Yai, Thailand, using their very slow "free" wifi, afraid to go outside. Of course to use the free wifi, I had to buy some food, at 60% more than what I would usually pay. But that's ok. Right now in Thailand, they have the water festival. I don't know exactly what it is called, but it is a couple days of people soaking each other in the streets. It was quite an adventure to walk from my guesthouse to this restaurant without getting my computer soaked! Earlier in the afternoon, I was out on the street and got wet, not completely soaked, just wet.

Hat Yai was supposed to be just a one night stop on my way to Ko Tao to do some diving, but I've been here 6 days already. At this rate, I'll still be in Southern Thailand when my 30 day visa expires. I'll have to go back to Malaysia and re-enter Thailand. Not a bad idea. There are still some things I want to do in Malaysia - like the 7-day hike to climb that mountain in Taman Negara.

No comments: