
When I was in Hampi, I went to see the construction of a cable stay bridge. Since I had never seen such a bridge under construction before, I was really looking forward to it. But what I saw was less than inspiring. It just didn't look right. I took 2 photos and quickly moved on to something else.
Today, while having lunch in Kolkata, I bought a copy of the Times of India. In the newspaper, there was a little article that the bridge under construction in Hampi had collapsed, killing 5 people. Am I somehow responsible because I didn't report that the construction didn't look right? There are lots of things that don't look right here in India.
I could not find the article in the online version of the Times, but I found an article at Daijiworld, with pictures. This article claims no one was killed. The following photos are from the article.




No comments:
Post a Comment