
A nursing student in Luang Prabang. I got to see one of their dormitories. It was a small one room concrete building. The floor used to be concrete, but is now mostly dirt. There were no windows. Several small beds were lined side by side along the back wall. The beds had no mattress, just a mat, a pillow and a mosquito net. They were all very friendly, even if most of them spoke no English.

The memorial to Henri Mouhot (his body is no longer there). This is the French guy who "discovered" Ankor Wat. He died here at this location in the jungles of Laos from malaria. I started to get worried, as there were mosquitos flying around me.

Other tourists on an elephant. After my second elephant ride, I still don't like it.

Tat Kuang Si, a really beautiful waterfall.

I just love the English here!
No comments:
Post a Comment